Want the tips we use to make money from home?
Sign me up to receive more helpful tips about making more money for yourself, saving a lot of money to get rich and frugal living tips. Feeling inspired and would love more blog posts like these
The Richest Man in Babylon, first published in 1926 is a book by George Samuel Clason that dispenses financial advice through a collection of parables set in ancient Babylon. Through their experiences in business and managing household finance, the characters in the parables learn simple lessons in financial wisdom.
This timeless classic has helped so many people achieve financial freedom. Here are 32 money quotes from the book.
Disclaimer: To make reading and digestion easier, I ahve fiurther divided these quotes into savings, spending, investment, money and insurance. Enjoy!
- A part of all you earn is yours to keep. It should be not less than a tenth no matter how little you earn. It can be as much more as you can afford.
- Wealth like a tree grows from a tiny seed. The first copper you save is the seed from which your tree of wealth shall grow.
- A part of all I earn is mine to keep. Say it in the morning when you first arise. Say it at noon. Say it at night. Say it each hour of the day. Say it to yourself until the words stand out like letters of fire across the sky.
- Learn to make your treasure work for you. Make it your slave, make it’s children and it’s children’s children work for you.
- For every ten coins thou placest withing thy purse, take out for use but nine. Thy purse will start to fatten at once and it’s increasing weight will feel good in thy hand and bring and bring satisfaction to thy soul.
- Start thy purse to fattening
- I found the road to wealth when I decided that a part of all I earned was mine to keep. And so will you.
- Every gold piece you save is a slave to work for you. Every copper it earns is its child that also that can earn for you.
- If you would become wealthy, then what you save must earn, and its children must earn, that all may help to give to you the abundance you crave.
Quotes on Investment
- A fat purse quickly empties if there is no golden stream to refill it. You must have different streams of income that will fill your purse.
- Make thy gold multiply
- Make of thy dwelling a profitable investment
- The desires are a multitude and those that thou mayest gratify are but few.
- Select those things that are necessary and others that are possible through the expenditure of nine-tenths of thy income. Cross out the rest and consider them but a part of that great multitude of desires that go unsatisfied and regret them not.
- Budget thy expenses that thou mayest have coins to pay for thy necessities, to pay for thy enjoyments and to gratify thy worthwhile desires without spending more than nine-tenth of thy earnings.
- That what each of us calls our ‘necessary expenses’ will always grow to equal our incomes unless we pretest to the contrary.
- Confuse not the necessary expenses with thy desires.
- I say to you that just as weeds grow in a field wherever farmer leaves space for their roots, even so freely do desires grow in men whenever there is a possibility of their being gratified.
- Increase thy ability to earn.
- Opportunity is a haughty goddess who wastes no time with those who are unprepared.
- Wealth grows in magic ways; no man can prophesy the limit of it.
- Wealth grows whenever men exert energy.
- Money is the medium by which earthly success is measured.
- Money makes possible the enjoyment of the best the earth affords.
- Money is plentiful for those who understand the simple laws which govern its acquisition.
- Money is governed today by the same laws which controlled it when prosperous men thronged the streets of Babylon.
- It behoves a man to make preparation for a suitable income in the days to come, when he is no longer young, and to make preparations for his family should he be no longer with them to comfort and support them.
- No man can afford not to insure a treasure for his old age and the protection of his family no matter how prosperous his business and his investments may be.
- Provide in advance for the needs of thy growing age and the protection of thy family.
- Guard thy treasures from loss.
- Insure a future income.
- Insure an income for thy future. Look thou at the aged and forget not that in the days to come thou also will be numbered among them.